Saturday, April 24, 2010

Please Stop


Yesterday evening I was at the "premier" of a short film I was the star of...(ok that's a bit exaggerated), but I was in it...anyway, it got me thinking about the films coming out this summer...ok it really didn't but I needed a nice intro about me. But I have been thinking (scary) about the films that will be released to the theatres this summer. Namely the fourth installment of the Shrek trilogy. Now, from the trailers I've seen of this I have to ask, why? Why, Dreamworks, would you beat the poor Shrek franchise into the ground? The first was the best and the second was quite good. So why did you have to go to three and four? I mean I expect this sort of behaviour from Disney, but not from you. Let's take a look at the fourth Shrek film, shall we?


Shrek signs over the deed to the kingdom, for a day, to some creepy midget, who then proceeds to try and grab total control of the kingdom in that amount of time. But, apparently, said creepy midget can only keep it if he can keep Shrek and Fiona from kissing at midnight. So in short, Shrek must save the kingdom, from an egotistical, short, evil guy, with a kiss at midnight with Fiona. Isn't that the plot of the first one? Why not make it so Shrek must save Fiona from Prince Charming and his evil fairy mother...oh wait, no that's the second one...ok here's a keeper, why not Shrek, who doesn't want to be king, go to find the next heir to the throne, an annoying little twit...oh wait, no that's the third one, ok here's an idea, just end the agony of watching Shrek come back to the screen time, after time, after time, after time again. So help me, Dreamworks, if you release How to Train your Dragon 2!!

No comments:

Post a Comment